Tyro Tennis: Tuesdays & Thursdays 8:00 to 8:30am
10 and under from 9:00 to 9:50am
12 and under from 10:00 to 10:50am
13 and up 11:00 to 12:20pm
Matches - Starting week of June 14th, 2021
Challenge matches are typically held the same day of every week and determine the player’s placement for each match. All players will play each other in their age and gender group.
1. Cost: $55 for the first child and $50 for each additional child
2. Student fees and completed sign-up form are required before the first match.
3. The season will run from the beginning of June until the beginning of August, Monday through Friday, with matches throughout the entire season.
4. Weekly challenge matches help the coaches determine player positions on the roster for YTL matches.
5. The day before each scheduled YTL match, the coaches will let players and parents know who is playing and what time to be at the match. Most of the communication will be done through the Remind App.
6. In case of rain, coaches will use the Remind app to inform parents and players of rain delays or cancellations. Tennis practice could possibly be rescheduled later within the same day so we ask that you just keep a look out for any messages!
"We are excited for another fun and exciting season of club tennis!! We cannot wait to get meet everyone and hope that each of the athletes are as ecstatic as we are!!"
Tyro Tennis is a version of tennis designed for young children (usually ages 5-7) that uses large, slow-moving foam balls, smaller racquets, lower nets and smaller courts.
Each lesson will focus on agility, balance, coordination and speed. Students will need to wear tennis shoes, bring a racquet, cold water and a positive mindset. Parents of 5 yr olds are asked to stay nearby during the lesson.
Practice will be Tuesday and Thursday from 8:00 to 8:30, starting June 7th. The class fee for Tyro Tennis is $30.
**Tennis Team Only Memberships are available starting at age 13.
2021 Tennis Team Schedule
All matches begin at 12:00pm
Fri. June 18th - Applewood
Tues. June 22nd - BYE
Fri. June 25th - @ Canfield
Tues. June 29th - @ Tippecanoe
Fri. July 2nd - @ Avalon Boardman
Tues. July 6th - @ Squaw Creek
Fri. July 9th - @ Boardman
Tues. July 13th - Doubles*
*sites to be determined
Thurs. July 15th - Finals @ Boardman
To join either the Tyro or Tennis team, please fill out the form on the link below by ___ and a check payable to Poland Swim Club and mail it to:
120 East McKinley
Poland, OH, 44514
Angelo Elia - 330-770-5806
Carmen D'Alesio - 330-651-0305
**If your child would like private lesson, please do not hesitate to contact the coaches**
If there are any women interested in 2021 Women's League Tennis, contact Lisa Lasko at 330-509-4547.
Men's Night is Sunday evenings at 5:00pm starting June 13th. This is a non-competitive, social evening of round-robin tennis.
Mixed Doubles Tennis
If any members are interested in mixed doubles tennis, please contact Linda Desotell at 330-815-0807.